You love stories, or you wouldn’t be here, right? So here you can find my collection of short stories, flash fiction*, and the odd poem or two, published in full (no purchase required!), ready for you to read online. Or, you will find such stories here soon, anyway. For now, though, there is one poem, which originally appeared as an early blog post on these pages, which I hope you will enjoy:
* For purposes of definition, in case that matters to you, I roughly follow the guidelines of SFWA (Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America) for submissions to the Nebula awards (which are roughly the same as for the Hugo awards):
- Flash Fiction: 1 – 1000 words
- Technically SFWA doesn’t include this category, but to me it definitely feels different from traditional short stories, and not just due to extreme brevity.
- Short Story: 1000 – 7500 words
- Novelette: 7500 – 17,500 words
- Novella: 17,500 – 40,000 words
- Novel: 40,000 – ?
— Image credit: Reimund Bertrams, “DasWortgewand,” pixabay.com, licensed under Creative Commons CC0 Public Domain