You love stories, or you wouldn’t be here, right? So here you can find my collection of short stories and flash fiction*, published in full (no purchase required!), ready for you to read online. Or, you will such stories here soon, anyway.
* For purposes of definition, in case that matters to you, I roughly follow the guidelines of SFWA (Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America) for submissions to the Nebula awards (which are roughly the same as for the Hugo awards):
- Flash Fiction: 1 – 1000 words
- Technically SFWA doesn’t include this category, but to me it definitely feels different from traditional short stories, and not just due to extreme brevity.
- Short Story: 1000 – 7500 words
- Novelette: 7500 – 17,500 words
- Novella: 17,500 – 40,000 words
- Novel: 40,000 – ?
— Image credit: Reimund Bertrams, “DasWortgewand,” pixabay.com, licensed under Creative Commons CC0 Public Domain